Thursday, July 2, 2009

Social Networking Revisited

Looking back at my post about social networking sites, I realize that much of my time is still not spent on many of these. I have made more frequent visits to them since earning my Bachelors degree as I have more time now, but I seem to visit Facebook on a daily basis more than the others.

I have found it useful to have the web addresses saved in an Opera browser session so that it opens them each time I restart Opera. This prompts me to check back on the sites and update information.

I still maintain a minimal presence on most of the sites, which now include twitter. I get the wierdest invites or add requests from people I've never met. Most go ignored or are deleted, but occasinally I find one person who does genuinely share the same interests I do and I will add them (after checking out their profile).

I started working more on vidoes recently so I expect to be uploading to youtube in the future. Also I've been digging through my old art projects and some have been finding their way up to deviantart.

Please be aware that there is another "refiner" out there, who is in my opinion, an imposter. I have used the name since 1987, and intend to keep on using it. Where I have found that someone else has been using my preferred nickname, I have had to use my alternate nickname - RefVengance - to indicate my dissatisfaction of another using my nick. I am called this in real life, so it is not just a passing online "thing."

Here are some links to me elsewhere...
YouTube
deviantArt
Dragon Adopters
MySpace (this name was always different LOL)

No comments: