Well my MySpace account was accessed and used to spam a comment to my friends' pages two days ago. This is something I would never do and I do not appreciate the misrepresentation created by the action.
Whether it was a virus on the MySpace server(s) or a hacker, it frustrates me. I do what I always do when I believe someone may have broken my securities - I change them. And I recommend that anyone experiencing any of these types of issues do the same.
If you suspect anyone has compromised any account, promptly scan your computer for viruses (something mine does regularly), run a registry cleaner, then change all your passwords and other securities. If it persists, close the account and open a fresh one. Be sure to let trusted friends know what is happening so they can keep up with you, and never share your passwords and securities with anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment