From an unofficial "blogger's" perspective, a blog can be one method to keep organized. I found a number of sites that help, but keeping links to all of them is sometimes difficult.
There are a number of social bookmarking websites available ~ too many to be a member of all of them. My preference has been for Delicious since I was introduced to it two years ago by a librarian who was an instructor for one of my classes at WSUV. After adding nearly 3,000 bookmarks to it, I doubt I will change to another. It seems to serve my purposes well, from importing all of my browser bookmarks from my home PC to letting me know I already have a bookmark when I find it again in a search.
Speaking of searches, I have found many different interesting websites for the people I've helped over the years. The massive number of tags used on my delicious account show that, and are best viewed as a cloud (so you can see the category groupings) and 25-50 entries per page.
While I favor Delicious for my personal bookmarking, I feel that any site that a person finds comfortable is right for that person.
Work in Progress: Spiral on the Side
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment